Thanks to Steve from Louisville, KY for this great recipe!
This recipe takes a little prep work before leaving for the game, but it is well worth the work!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Asian chile paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
1. Whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil, parsley, hot sauce, minced garlic, ketchup, chile sauce, salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Set aside about 1/3 of this marinade to use while grilling.
2. Place the shrimp in a large, resealable plastic bag. Pour in the remaining marinade and seal the bag. Refrigerate for 2 hours before leaving for the tailgate.
3. Preheat the grill for high heat. Attached the shrimp to the skewers.
4. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes per side until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.