Lyell from www.RollBamaRoll.com shared a great recipe for Avodado & Bacon Sammies:
- AppleGate organic bacon (or any other organic bacon). If you can't find organic bacon, regular bacon works just do your own research on the healthiest, least processed brand in your area.
- 4-6 Avocado's (You may need less or more depending on the amount of servings you need)
- Juice from one lime (may need more depending on serving size)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1-2 bags of Romaine Hearts
- Cook bacon as flat as possible. There are many ways to do this but using a heavy skillet or a bacon press is the best option. Set aside on paper towel to cool, making sure to keep bacon as straight as possible.
- While the bacon is cooking, de-pit avocados and place avocado in a bowl. Add juice from lime and salt and pepper to taste, mix well.
- Peel off strips of romaine hearts, rinse and set aside.
There's a couple of different ways to go about this:
- Take 4 strips of bacon (2 for top, 2 for bottom), spread guacamole over the 2 bottom pieces of bacon and top with remaining 2 pieces of bacon. This can be a bit messy to eat, so you can use the romaine hearts as a wrap.
- Take just 2 pieces of bacon (1 for top, 1 for bottom), repeat steps above and then use romaine hearts either as a wrap or a "taco".
- Cut bacon strips into 2 inch pieces and make "mini" bite size sammies. (see picture above)
Either way you go, you have BACON and delicious avocado. I mean, how can you go wrong? Additional toppings could be:
- Homemade pico de gallo
- Grilled chicken
- Sweet Peppers