The crew over at Inside Tailgating have a nice recipe for a tailgating snack... Armadillo Eggs:
* 1 lb. hot bulk pork sausage
* 8 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
* 8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1/2 cup sliced jalapenos, or to taste
* 1 1/2 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
* 1 6-oz. package pork-flavor Shake ‘n Bake (optional)
1. In medium bowl, thoroughly mix sausage, cheddar cheese, 1/2 the Monterey Jack cheese and baking mix.
2. Shape a biscuit-size piece of the sausage dough into a 1/4-inch thick patty. Place 2 slices of jalapeno peppers and a pinch of Monterey Jack cheese in center of patty and wrap it around the filling. Seal well. Repeat for remaining peppers.
3. Roll prepared jalapeno peppers in Shake ‘n Bake (optional) to give the Armadillo Eggs a crispy crust like an armadillo shell.
4. Bake in a preheated 325° oven on a lightly greased baking sheet until browned, about 25 minutes.