Long-time Brooks & Dunn backer and bad-ass truck maker, Toyota, has released a piece of machinery this week that will make any true tailgate enthusiast drool until their lips turn dry. The Midnight Rider Tundra Tailgater by Brooks & Dunn is a tribute to the legendary country music duo’s career that has spanned over 20 years. The Tundra full-size pickup has been a sponsor of Brooks & Dunn for the past three-plus years and the Tundra Tailgater is Toyota’s way of celebrating the music duo’s upcoming 2010 farewell tour.
Built by The B.A.D. Company, the customized Tundra CrewMax Limited full-size 4x2 V8 pickup was a perfect fit for the ultimate tailgating vehicle.
The magic begins when you slide out the tailgate, exposing a Grill N Chill® cooking area from Go! Products. The pull-out Grill N Chill features a cooking space with countertops, infrared barbeque, beverage tap and ice chest. An electronically operated tonneau cover enhances your tailgate party with a bed-installed 42-inch flat screen TV and sound system by Kicker. The sound system features a dual subwoofer system and a separate amp, four two-way speakers with tweeters and separate crossovers, and dual two-channel amps with separate equalizers and speaker control units.
On the outside, the truck features custom black paint treated with silver metallic flakes. The exterior is accented by custom western-engraved silver door handles, a front grille adorned with a chrome Brooks & Dunn logo steer skull, a chrome-accented steer skull tailgate handle, and a hand-tooled black saddle leather-trim tonneau cover surrounded with custom Brooks & Dunn silver conchos, all created by noted silversmith, artist and horseman, Clint Mortenson of Mortenson Silver & Saddles. The exterior is topped off with 20-inch Mickey Thompson “Classic Lock” polished aluminum wheels with 35-inch Mickey Thompson “Claw” off-road tires, Bushwacker bolt-on fender flares, a three-inch suspension lift, and Toyota accessorized chrome tube steps.
Tundra Midnight Rider Tailgater by Brooks & Dunn Features
- Custom black paint treated with silver metallic flakes
- Silver western-engraved door handle surrounds
- Brooks & Dunn custom license plate
- 20-inch Mickey Thompson “Classic Lock” polished aluminum wheels
- 35-inch Mickey Thompson “Claw” off-road tires
- Bushwacker bolt-on fender flares
- Three-inch suspension lift
- Toyota accessorized chrome tube steps
- Custom black leather trim seats
- Kicker speakers in the cab including one subwoofer, one two-way speaker with separate tweeter crossover in each door, four more separate tweeters mounted throughout the cab, and three amps with an equalizer
- Sound system in bed features a dual subwoofer system and a separate amp, four two-way speakers with tweeters and separate crossovers, and two two-channel amps with separate equalizers and speaker control units
Go! Products (goproductsusa.com)
- Tailgate pull-out Grill N Chill featuring a cooking area with countertops, grill infrared barbeque, beverage tap and ice chest
Mortenson Silver and Saddles (www.silverandsaddles.com)
- Silver western-engraved door handle surrounds and pulls
- Bronze cast and chrome plated Brooks & Dunn logo skull on grille and tailgate handle
- Custom saddle horn with engraved silver Brooks & Dunn ornamental cap shift knob
- Hand-tooled silver cupholder faceplate
- Hand-tooled black saddle leather tonneau cover